There’s no need to head all the way to the Sahara to experience the Moroccan desert. To the south of Marrakech lies the Agafay Desert, offering ease of access from the city. Listen to your guide tell you the history of the region as your 4×4 motors out of town and across the Haouz Plain, the breathtaking High Atlas Mountains loom ever closer in the distance.
Make photo stops along the way at stunning sites like Kasbah Oumnast before you refresh with an aperitif at Takerkoust Lake. Traveling through genuine Berber villages, there is ample chance for more photos before it’s time to ditch the wheels and adopt an altogether more customary method of transportation—the Arabian camel, also known as the ship of the desert.
Ride into camp in style and settle into your bivouac. Tuck into freshly prepared classic dishes—such as harira (spiced tomato soup), kefta (meatball) tagine, and couscous—as you sample the time-honored Berber lifestyle. As the sun sets and dusk takes hold, the bright desert stars reveal themselves. With little artificial light, the sight is spellbinding. After a comfortable night under the open sky, a traditional breakfast is served before you begin your journey back to Marrakech.
- Overnight guided tour to the beautiful nearby Agafay Desert
- Atmospheric night out under the desert stars in a bivouac
- Authentic camel ride through the dunes to arrive in style
- Stunning scenery & commanding views of the Atlas Mountains
- Delicious traditional cuisine freshly cooked in camp
- Guided tour to the Agafay Desert
- Camel ride
- 1-night accommodation in a traditional bivouac desert camp
- Aperitif and dinner on day 1, and breakfast on day 2
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your Marrakech city center hotel or riad
- Live tour commentary provided in English
- Meals and beverages not listed as Inclusions
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Marrakech hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.